Welcome to the 2017 edition of the 24-Hour AMRAP Challenge
This is the 4th edition of the 24-Hour AMRAP Challenge, that takes place on saturday december 9th and sunday december 10th 2017. For 24 hours, your 6-man team will be tested in a way they never have been tested before.
In 2016, 122 teams from around the world battled in an epic race that put body and mind to the ultimate test. In the end, defending World Champion team Pennies For The Boatman from the USA beat CrossFit 8020 from Ireland and team Light Weight Babies from Hungary, to succesfully defend their World Championship title. They are still the reigning World Champions. Can you take the crown from them?
What is the 24-Hour AMRAP Challenge?
- the event lasts for 24 hours
- start time is December 9th noon CET, end time is December 10th, noon CET
- six athletes per team, at least two female athletes per team
- every team performs this event in their own box
- the athletes have to stay in the location during the entire 24 hours
- every hour upon the hour, we will publish three movements
- your team needs to complete at least 500 reps per hour using these movements
- only one athlete can work at a time, teams have to work in a caroussel style fashion
- you are free to use one, two, or all three movements, or any combination of them
- every hour the team submits their score online
- the online leaderboard will be updated every hour creating true real-time global competition
- at least one CF-L1 or Certified CF Judge must be present during the 24 hours
- the team that has completed the most amount of reps after 24 hours, wins
- to verify movement standards and fair play every team is required to film 15 minutes of every hour of the team in action
- top three teams of global ranking win trophies and epic bragging rights
The 24-hour AMRAP Challenge is a unique, one-of-a-kind, annual team event, that connects athletes and gyms from all over the world, simultaneously. This event is a challenge, the ultimate test of physical and mental persiverance, an amazing experience… for the athletes, the box, the community, the supporters… but it’s also a competition: at the end of the event, after 24 hours, the team with the highest total amount of completed reps is the champion!
The event is suited for athletes of ALL fitness levels, the event programming will provide challenges for both novice and advanced athletes. Weights of barbell and kettlebell movements will be low to ensure safety and to facilitate high rep volume. That doesn’t mean it’s going to be easy. Trust us, you will be tested in a way you’ve never expierenced before!
- 2014 – Fitpower 24/7 (NL)
- 2015 – Pennies For The Boatman (USA)
- 2016 – Pennies For The Boatman (USA)
The 24-hour AMRAP WOD is an event produced by CFH Events