As you’re getting ready for the event, you’ll quickly realize there’s a lot of boxes that need to be checked. So, building on our experience with the two previous events, here is a global event checklist to help you on your way…
- does the affiliate owner approve of the event? You will be working in his box for 26-28 hours in total…
- when neccesary: have the neighbours been notified that you will be working through the night?
- will there be classes running alongside the event, if so, is everybody involved, aware of this?
- do you need a permit to hold this event in your box? Remember: you will be working non-stop for 24 hours
- does the location hold enough facilities to make sure the team(s) can work for 24 hours? (simple things like toilets, showers, toilet paper and coffee fe)
- is there a person availible qualified to perform first aid?
- are there enough medical supplies availible? (cold packs, bandages fe)
- are there people availible on location or via phone to help out if needed?
- has the equipment list (TBA) been checked? Is all the neccesary equipment present and in good working order?
- secondary “equipment” checked? Chalk, wrist wraps, lifting shoes, ript skin fix etc.
- enough food and drinks? Remember: you can’t just jump into your car to get some food, you are not allowed to leave the location
- thought about storage facilities? One fridge may not be enough for 6 athletes and their entire food and drink rations for 24 hours
- it is very important that you can stay online throughout the event, so you can see the 3 movements every hour, submit your scores, stay in touch with our support team etc
- if your aim is to win the competition, you need to film at least 15 minutes of every hour so our Judges Team can verify movement standards have been met, if that is the case, make sure your camera(s) are in good working order and set up in the proper position(s)
- have fun, everything from WODs in pyjama’s to disco lights to karaoke sets… yes it’s fun!
- get the community involved, organize sub-events around the 24-Hour AMRAP, make sure people show up to support the athletes, even use it to attract new members or promote your box
We hope this helps you out. Stay fit!