Mighty warriors. Only hours to go before we deepdive into the adventure that is the 24AMRAP Challenge and to boldly go where no CrossFitter has gone before. Kinda. In an earlier post we talked about surviving the 24AMRAP, now let’s talk about winning it. Here are 5 tips, based on the data and experience shared by previous champions, and succesful teams from around the globe:
- Reps Are King – let’s not beat around the bush, defending World Champions “Pennies For The Boatman” cranked out 53000+ reps last year. That means that if you want to get a shot at the title, you need to consistently bang out at least 2300 reps per hour. For 24 hours.
- No Sleep Till Booklyn – a no-brainer really, champions don’t lie down and snooze the night away…
- Don’t Waste A Second – to maximize the amount of reps produced, you need to position and plan your carrousel in such a way that there are never athletes standing around, looking for equipment, or walking towards the pull-up bars etc. You lose reps, see point 1
- Caroussel Eating – keep the food and drinks nearby and refuel while the carrousel keeps on turning, eating and drinking right after your turn, maximizing rep production
- The Right Soldiers For The Mission – we’ve seen firsthand how some members from a team want to go for max reps every hour and other members from that team just want to hang out, sip coffee and chill. If you want to win, make sure you are in the right team!
Have fun preparing!